Home / Uncategorized / Clare & District League Review

Clare & District League Review


FAI Junior Cup Round 4
Newmarket Celtic 3-0 Bridge Utd
Newmarket Celtic made it through to round 5 of the FAI Junior Cup after getting the better of local rivals Bridge Utd at McDonagh Park on Sunday. There was very few chances in the first half with Kieran Quinlan going close from a free kick for Bridge that narrowly missed the target and right on half time Newmarket went in front when a corner from Eoin Hayes went all the way to net with help from the Bridge keeper. Newmarket scored their second when Brian Monaghan got on the end of an Eoin O’Brien throw in and finished well from inside the box. Newmarket wrapped up the victory near the end when Monaghan fired home his second to setup a home tie with Aungier Celtic from Dublin AUL on 4th December.

Newmarket Celtic: Robert Shier, Seamie Lawlor, Eoin O’Brien, Mark Donlon, Paddy Purcell, Ian Collins, Colin Ryan, Tino Nzvaura, Brian Monaghan, David McCarthy, Eoin Hayes

Subs: Daithi O’Connell for Nzvaura, Steven Carroll for Lawlor, David O’Grady for Monaghan, Cathal Hayes for McCarthy

Bridge Utd: Kieran Brennan, Christy Griffen, Eoin Guinan, Kevin Kelly, Darren Murphy, Alan Mulready, Darragh Fitzgerald, Shane Golden, Kieran Quinlan, Eoghan Pewter, Jon Okoro

Subs: Trevor Maxwell for Pewter (inj), Mikey Mcnamara for Quinlan, Brian O’Connor for Golden, Lee Wall for Fitzgerald, Gavin Whyte for Okoro

Munster Junior Cup Round 2
Turnpike Rovers 2-2 Coole FC (AET) – Coole won 7-6 on penalties
Coole FC advanced to round 3 of the Munster Junior Cup after a dramatic sudden death penalty shootout victory over Turnpike Rovers at Lees Road on Sunday. Coole started well and were 1-0 up after 10 minutes after a cross field ball found Jason Grealish and he turned the defender before firing a low shot into the bottom corner. Turnpike had a chance to draw level before the break when they were awarded a penalty but it well saved by Arek Mamala in the Coole goal. The score at the break was 1-0 to Coole. Turnpike came out with guns blazing the start of the second half and drew level few mins in when they scored from a shot from outside the box. Coole were then caught out with a set piece after a corner wasnt defended and Turnpike went 2-1 up. With the match in injury time Coole had one last chance and a free kick from outside the box from Dave Cahill came back off the crossbar to find the on rushing Fergus Tuohy who fired home from close range to send the game to extra time. There was no more goals in extra time and Coole kept their nerve better in the shootout and qualified for a home match in round 3 against Shannon Town B or Rineanna Rovers.

Coole FC: Arek Mamala, Jake Farrell, Noele Glynn, Fergus Tuohy, Sean Roche, Kieran Burke, John Cosgrove, Rafa Mamala, Dave Cahill, Darragh Reilly, Jason Grealish

Subs: Darren Grealish, Ayrton Quinn, John Regan

First Division League
Hermitage 2-0 Kildysart Celtic
Hermitage moved into second place in the First Division after getting the better of Kildysart Celtic in a well contested match at the Fairgreen on Sunday. Michael Mahony put Hermitage in front in the first half and it remained that way until four minutes from time when Tomas Radilek fired home from a free kick on the edge of the box to wrap up the victory and secure the 3 points for the Ennis side.

Hermitage: Joe Burke, Jack Crowley, Tomas Radilek, Sean Dobbins, Pat Sherlock, Simon McDonagh, Neil Slattery, Arthur Rogers, Matthew Kearney, Johnny Ferns, Michael Mahony

Subs: Sean McGee, Kevin Considine, Conor Walsh, Alan Whyte, Alan Daly

Kildysart Celtic: Paddy Breen, John Ginnane, Francie O’Reilly, Shane McNelis, Eoin Griffin, Brian Eyres, Gerry Finn, Kieran Eyres, Francie Hayes, Damian Hill, Colin Stewart

Subs: Daryl Maxwell, Kieran Connelly, Rory McMahon, Pa Kelly

Mountshannon Celtic 2-3 Moher Celtic
Moher Celtic made the trip to Scariff on Sunday and came away with the points after defeating Mountshannon Celtic. Moher went in front when Sean Garrihy scored a great individual goal with a strike from outside the box. Mountshannon drew level when a Moher defender scored an own goal. Moher went back in front when Mountshannon returned the favor with an own goal. Moher started the second half well and Johnnie Daly put the visitors 3-1 up after a goalmouth scramble. Mountshannon pulled a goal back before full time but was not enough to stop Moher winning.

Moher Celtic: Craig Flanagan, Diorraing McNamara, Cobhan Phillipson, Caoimhin Phillipson, John Dillon, Jack Cagney, Paul Cagney, Sean Garrihy, Johnnie Daly, Mattie Kinch Jimín Doolay

Suttons Lighting Third Division
Inch Crusaders 3-0 Shannon Town C
Inch Crusaders put in a good performance to defeat Shannon Town C at Lees Road on Sunday and move up to fourth place in the Third Division. Inch started well and went in front after 20 minutes when Eamonn Bracken brilliantly volleyed home from outside the box. Inch went two up when Ronan Grace set up Rory Kileen who scored with a great strike giving the Shannon Town keeper no chance. Inch wrapped up the victory with a third goal with great work from the impressive Bracken who squared the ball to the advancing Edward Fogarty who made no mistake from 5 yards out.

Inch Crusaders: James Rynne, Mark Connellan, Emmet Pyne, Sean Talty, Eoghan Grace, Ronan Grace, Cillian Gregan, Rory Killeen, Edward Fogarty, Brenno Henrique, Eamonn Bracken

Subs: Oran Killeen for Bracken, Joe Carmody for Killeen, Aaron Bradley for Eoghan Grace, Eoghan Culligan for Ronan Grace


About James Kirwan

Leave a Reply