Home / NTDL / News / NT&DL Weekend Review

NT&DL Weekend Review

John Delaney Cup Quarter Finals

St Michaels 2-0 BT Harps

BT Harps put up a brave fight against a very youthful St Michaels side and they went into half-time goalless. It wasn’t to be though as the TSDL Champions pulled away in the second half thanks to a brace from Luke Quinn to send his side into the semi-finals in which they will travel to Clonmel Town.

Cloughjordan Fc 0-5 Clonmel Town

Cloughjordan went into this game missing nine regulars so in truth it was never going to be a game they could win. Clough defended very well in the first half but were eventually undone by a Daire Brennan strike. Town came out for the second half the hungrier side and went on to score four more goals thanks to Keith Brown, Jack Burke and a brace from Craig Guiry.

Peake Villa 4-2 Nenagh Celtic

Celtic were made to rue a slow start here as Villa raced to a three-goal led by the half hour mark thanks to goals from Ronan McGuire, Jamie Maher and Pippy Carroll. Danny Ryan reduces the deficit from the penalty spot before half-time but Tommy Teer regained his sides three goal advantage early in the second half. Jimmy Hynes grabbed a consolation for Celtic but it was all too little too late.

Thurles Town 5-1 Clonmel Celtic

Thurles provided the shock of the round by putting five by Clonmel Celtic. In a game played minus many regulars from each side Town dominated from start to finish. Paul Kirwan, Aidan Keenan and a sublime effort from Phillipe Samuel had the hosts three goals to the good at half-time. Kirwan and Keenan both bagged their second early in the second half, the latter being a fantastic solo effort equally matched with a stunning finish. Evan Maguire grabbed a scant consolation for the visitors from the spot in the dying minutes.

NT&DL Division 1 Shield Semi Finals

Gurtagarry Fc 2-2 Clodiagh Rangers (Clodiagh win 6-5 on pens)

These sides battled until the end in what was a pulsating game in Latteragh. Gurta found themselves two goals to the good midway through the first half thanks to Steven Cummins and Paddy O’Rourke but they were pegged back by the resilient Rangers as both Mark Quinlan and Mark Cullinane both found the net. The second half couldn’t find the break through needed so penalties were needed to separate the sides, Clodiagh would go on to win the shoot-out by six goals to five.

Rearcross Fc 3-3 Moneygall Fc (Moneygall win 4-2 on pens)

Penalties were again needed as Rearcross and Moneygall played out an absolute belter. Joe Callaghan, Damien Long and Tony O’Connor were on target for the visitors but the free scoring Micheal O’Gorman grabbed a hattrick for the hosts to send it to penalties where Moneygall would eventually win out by four goals to two.

NT&DL Division 2 Shield Semi Finals

Templetuohy Fc 4-1 Arra Rovers

Templetuohy sailed through to the final with a comprehensive win over Arra Rovers. An Aidan Kelly brace was helped along by goals from Oisín Jordan and Tony Buston. Arra scored a consolation but it wasn’t to be.

Ballywilliam Utd 1-4 Ardcroney Fc

Ardcroney’s bright start to the season started as they ran out four-one winners against Ballywilliam Utd. Ardcroney raced to a three-goal lead at half-time thanks to a brace from Jack Daly and another goal from Keith Kelly. Darran Carroll added another in the second half before Keelan Ryan scored what turned out to be a consolation for United.

About James Kirwan

Leave a Reply