Home / NTDL / News / John Delaney Cup Quarter Final Review

John Delaney Cup Quarter Final Review

Clonmel Town 2-4 BT Harps

NT&DL’s BT Harps came out on top of this one after coming from a goal behind to beat Clonmel Town. The hosts found themselves a goal to the good early on as Harry O’Connor found the target. Haps however piled the pressure on after this and goals from Jack Kennedy, Eanna McBride (2) and Ben Stapleton gave them an unassailable lead. Town did grab a consolation in the dying moments as Ian Cleary found the net. Harps now travel to St Michael’s on Friday next I the semi-final.

Borroway Rovers 2-4 St Michael’s

St Michael’s overcame a gutsy Borroway Rovers side in Loughtagalla Park tonight. Rovers were a goal to the good thanks to a David McGuire strike but as with the game in Clonmel the away side took a handle on the game, Paul Breen equalised for his side while a Willie Armshaw deflected effort gave the Rovers keeper no chance. Saints went three-one up through David Slattery, but a Willie Ferncombe effort brought the hosts back into the game almost immediately. Rovers then pushed for an equaliser, but they were caught on the break and Olly O’Driscoll found the net to end the game as a contest.

Bansha Celtic 4-1 Killavilla Utd

Bansha Celtic beat the in form Killavilla tonight as they produced a fine display in front of the goal. The hosts found themselves three goals to the good thanks to goals from Bernard Fitzgerald, Micky Coleman, and Niall Daly. Villa came out for the second half with a spring in their step and got a goal back through Micky Ryan, but Celtic were not to be denied and a late Shane Egan strike helped secure a semi final place where they will play Thurles Town at home.

Thurles Town 2-2 Peake Villa

(Thurles Win 4-3 On Pens)

Thurles Town finally managed to overcome local rivals Peake Villa in a fascinating tie at the Greyhound Stadium. The game itself ended two all with Christy Burke and Paraic Fogarty hitting the target for the hosts while Dale Loughnane and the returning Matthew McKevitt sent the game into penalties where Town won out by four goals to three.

About James Kirwan

Leave a Reply